Tropical Horticulturist wanted.
College or university degree in horticulture, or botany, & one year work-related experience or equivalent combination of education & experience Extensive knowledge of nursery management, garden maintenance and tropical plant nomenclature. Good communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ability and enthusiasm to teach co-workers, guests, members, and school groups about Tropical Plants. Ability to do fairly strenuous garden work in a warm humid environment
1) Expand and maintain our collections, including acquiring, accessioning, documenting, planting and propagating.
2) Inspect the gardens for damage by pests, physical damage and environmental conditions.
3) Prepare and execute maintenance programs for the control of plant disease and insects
4) Responsible for Garden Labeling Program, including interpretive labels on plants and displays, permanent stainless steel dog-tag labels on all plants that exist as part of the Garden's living collection.
5) Develop internship program.
6) Conduct Educational Tours for school groups and other groups.
7) Under supervision of the President and Director, responsible for overseeing all horticulture in the Garden
8) Maintain an organized and clean nursery.
Full Time, Excellent Health, Dental and Profit-sharing plan. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Drop by or email resumes using the email at the top of the page. Please, No phone calls.